Serving Las Vegas and Henderson, Nevada, including the Surrounding Areas
The loss of a loved one is a very difficult period. This isn't the time most people are at their best when asked to make financial and legal decisions. This is especially true for the surviving spouse or kids if they are just hearing about Mom or Dad' s plan for the first time, or worse yet, learning one was never completed. Sundvick Legacy Center makes the process of probate as easy and pain-free as possible.
We work with executors, personal representatives and other fiduciaries in all aspects of probate administration and are committed to the delivery of probate administration services with sensitivity to the special concerns of our clients.
Nevada Trust Administration
A properly drafted and funded trust will generally avoid probate. The trust need not be filed with the probate court. Nonetheless, there are still steps necessary to administer the trust: beneficiaries must be contacted; assets must be gathered, valued and managed; potential creditors must be notified; debts, taxes and final expenses must be paid; and, ultimately, any remaining income and assets must be distributed in compliance with the trust terms. Successor trustees often lack the time, resources or knowledge to personally administer the trust, and therefore may call upon legal, accounting and investment professionals for assistance. The Sundvick Legacy Center can help your successor trustee(s) deal with the complexities of administering your trust. Please call our office and we'll be happy to schedule a consultation, whether or not our office has drafted the original trust.
There are three basic stages to estate and trust administration: Collection & Management, Payment of Expenses, and Asset Administration & Distribution. Follow the link below to Estate & Trust Administration: Successful Conclusions for an easy-to-understand presentation outlining the process. Feel free to use the integrated functions to print any page, bookmark it to return later, or forward a copy to your friends, family members or financial advisor.
Estate & Trust Administration: Successful Conclusions
Estate Planning is a Lifetime Process, not a one-time event. Though estate administration is the final stage in the process, a successful conclusion is dependent on proper completion of each of the preceding stages.
Our services include:
- Advice regarding the terms of the decedent's will and trusts.
- Advice regarding duties to the beneficiaries and the applicable laws related to ongoing investments and distributions.
- Preparing and filing of all necessary Probate Court documents.
- Representation of clients in all Probate proceedings.
As coordinated with your appropriate advisors:
- Postmortem planning, including effective use of tax elections and disclaimers.
- Income tax planning for the estate.
- Advice with respect to any challenges to the decedent's will or trust.
- Advice with respect to any disputes among estate beneficiaries or between beneficiaries and the executor.
- Postmortem planning for non-U.S. citizen spouses.
- Review of all federal estate tax returns.
We will work to complete the process as quickly as possible, while minimizing family disharmony.
For the most Successful Conclusions, learn more about our Total Legacy Care Plan™.